We are Arcade Strange, a company specialising in gamified drinks-pouring robots. We send our robots out to conferences, trade shows, and private events, allowing customers to pour pints through mind control, computer vision, gesture control, and a range of other exciting game inputs.
We’re looking for a technician who will handle the set-up and pack-down of the robots at events, and be on hand to maintain them during the events. You will be working alongside event staff to provide an exciting and engaging gamified experience for our clients and their customers.
A good Arcade Strange technician is:
- A logical thinker
- Able to use a screwdriver and allen keys
- Comfortable using macOS and iPad
- A problem solverEager to learn
- Comfortable in a position of responsibility
- Happy talking to clients and customers
- Someone with a full UK driving licence
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with bartending or events
- Experience with or understanding of electronics or fluid dynamics
Full training will be provided to successful candidates. You will learn:
- How to maintain and troubleshoot the robots’ hardware (microcontrollers, servos, wiring etc.)
- How to work with the robots’ software and platforms (arduino, macOS, and more)
- How to set up and maintain a keg dispense system
- How to optimise the dispense system for different drinks
- How to carry out simple electronics repairs
This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in electronics, beer, or both. Although we primarily activate in London, we also run events across the UK, Europe, and the US, so there’s potential for fully expensed international travel once you have a few London events under your belt!
Payment is £12/hr, with a minimum of 16 hours work per week guaranteed.
To apply, please send a CV and a bit about yourself to contact [at] arcadestrange.com